Friday, May 9, 2008

A Free Vacation to Italy


I wanted to post a blog about a quilt today. And, so I will, but if you follow my instructions, you will get a free vacation to Italy. Well, ok, it may only FEEL like one, but I guarantee you will enjoy it. I will begin by telling you that the quilt pictured here is one I made because I loved the fabric with the little houses stacked up and down the hillside. I imagined myself in a foreign country looking out the window at the scenery. There is a postcard in the window, waiting to be mailed, that says "Wish You Were Here." I had a lot of fun making this quilt. Fast forward to this week......I was reading one of my favorite blogs ("Dispatch from LA") belonging to my new cyperspace friend, Mary Ann Moss. She is in Italy on vacation. Her photos are to die for...go look. You may click on the name "Dispatch from LA" on my favorite blog list here on the right, and go straight to a free vacation. Or, you may go to www.dispatchfromLA.typepad.com. The photos are so good that you will really feel as if you are there yourself. If you click on her post "The Sirens" (Monday, May 5, 2008), you will see some houses stacked up and down the hillsides in Positano, Italy. It's a mini-vacation through Mary Ann's eyes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Now, really, my quilt doesn't compare to the real thing.....but isn't it neat that I have never been there and this quilt is well, kinda like the real thing? Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat, your BEAUTIFUL quilt is every bit as fabulous as the real thing. It's a different kind of real thing. One that you envisioned and brought to life in your talented mind. Thank you for the kind mention!

p.s. love that red clover in the post below!

Gayle said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I also enjoyed seeing your quilts on Flickr...Peace in the Valley was a favorite. :-)

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.