Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy 40th, My Favorite Son!






Forty years ago, Saturday, June 22, 1968, at 3:08 a.m. my son, Scott, was born. He weighed 8 lbs.5oz. A pretty big boy.

I can remember the very first time I saw him......well, it wasn't at birth...ether and all that. During that Saturday and Sunday, I kept wondering why they didn't bring him in to me. I thought there was something dreadfully wrong and was too afraid to ask. (That wouldn't happen now, I'll tell you for sure!!) The nurses had a mix-up and each thought another was bringing him in. No one did. The first time I saw him was when we were being readied to go home on Monday morning. He was the most gorgeous baby I had ever seen! And, laughing with his eyes completely open!

Now, it sounds like I'm prejudiced, as he does have an older sister, Kelly. They are fifteen months apart. But, bless her little heart....she didn't want to be born yet, I guess, so they had to use forceps. She was red, skinny, and her little face was bruised from the birth. She DID get really pretty in a couple of weeks, though, and still is!!

Now that kid, Scott.....always funny with a fine tuned sense of humor, and very smart, has grown up and he's 40! Where did that boy go? As a teenager, he was an avid computer lover and wanted to work in Silicon Valley. He does. We only see him once a year, sometimes twice, but I happen to have - thanks to him - a lovely camera gizmo on my iMac with which we can "see" and "talk" with each other often and we will do that sometime today. He's my favorite (and only) son. He amazes me and also makes me laugh. He is one of my two most important accomplishments. His sister being the other. Nothing else comes close or even matters. He is dear!!! Happy Birthday and many more, Big Guy!!! Love you.....Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed, Pat!

Have a great week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Oh Pat, a factory tour would be SO cool!!! I love factory tours... :)

Anonymous said...

Our "factory" is in China!

Gayle said...

Now that's a son who loves his mama! Love the photo of the two of you. :-)

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.