Sunday, April 17, 2011

27 Letters on Their Way Home






They're finished!!! Twenty-seven hand-written letters are ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow morning. Yea! It amazed me to hear that so many wanted to have one of my letters. I think I was shocked. In the beginning, I planned to write TWELVE letters, but as you know, I'm a softie and when the number passed twelve I started to think I should just write a letter to each person requesting one, after all, they were nice enough to WANT one. So, here we are...all are now written and waiting for me to drive them to the Post Office tomorrow so they can go home.

Included in each letter is a verse I found. It seemed to me it should be included...as it seemed so sentimental...just like me. Just in case you can't read it in the photo...here is the verse:
"Letters are a silken thread
That runs from heart to heart,
Weaving a web of things unsaid
When we must be apart." (unknown)

Would you like to know where these letter requests came from? I was pleased to see requests from all over the country....one of the good things about cyberspace...we all mix up out there somewhere and find folks we identify with in some way...fascinating. And, then, there was that one international request...such a surprise! So, here's the gist of it all:

International....The Netherlands 1, Arkansas 5, Texas 2, Tennessee 2, and seventeen states with one each: California, Washington, Florida, Maine, Illinois, Kansas, Utah, Michigan, Nebraska, Arizona, Minnesota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and Ohio. Isn't that cool?

Thought you might want to see where these letters are coming from. Here's a map of Arkansas. If you don't know where Searcy is...(and why would you?)...we are about forty minutes from Little Rock, well, depending on whose driving! It's at least forty minutes if I'm driving, less for others. I had this funny little idea of using a tiny cookie cutter to point out my town! Cute, huh?

So, there you are....letters are going on their way to my new friends. I feel good about it. Hope they do too! And, if you are one (of my new friends!), thank you so much for reading my blog...hope you will return again and comment when you so wish. And, the rest of you also. You know you 'make my day.' Take care out there, pat

10 comments:

Micheal Belayudam said...

Even i have shocked to see these many letters to post!

Office Letters

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

Woooooo! Think you have gone trough a very hard time :D nyway atlast CONGRATULATIONS !


Friendship Letters

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Pat, Wow how very lovely of you to write so many letters to your new friends. I will certainly enjoy receiving mine. Thanks a million. Hugs Judy

Anonymous said...

Looking forward very much to receiving your letter Pat!
Hope to find it waiting for me on return from England.
Best wishes, Barbara

Jim Gatling said...

That's so cool. I still have 200 Christmas cards to mail out.

Julie Fukuda said...

And to think the reason we finally got e-mail was because it cost so much to send letters overseas! (and too much of my family and friends are on the other side of the big pond.)

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Pat- this is such a wonderful project- kudos to you for taking the time to do this- I am so sorry I missed out on the open invitation. Your new friends are going to love this!
Vicki

http://thankfullga447 said...

How are you doing, I broke my toes and it takes time to heal. Omaha, NE

Brenda said...

What a wonderful idea! Makes me want to sit down and write a letter.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.