Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vintage Laundry






Today I was looking at some photos I took last week....adding them to the over 20,000 I now have in my archives. When my son gave me my first camera a few years ago I did not think I'd ever actually take a photo I'd show anyone. Not saying you are in luck or anything, but, by reading my blog, you get to see just about all the photos I take! These just tickle me, so I hope you enjoy them too.

Last Thursday, I hosted a 'studio tour.' In December, my guild had a studio tour auction and my friend, Pat C., bid a nice hefty sum and won the tour of my little "Nest." We planned it for April, but remember, I broke two toes....so it was postponed and rescheduled for June 23rd. I had planned a day of looking at all my 'stuff', a tour of the quilt closet and my small home, my daughter's home - where two of my quilts reside, the downtown studio, lunch out, and a small stitching demo. It was a busy day and I think Pat enjoyed it. I know I did.

Show and Tell' tonight is of one of my favorite activities here at the Nest. I have two clotheslines on the front porch of my studio. When I know guests are coming I like to hang 'laundry' on those clotheslines. Vintage laundry it is, usually consisting of pieces I have purchased from various flea markets over the years, or given to me by friends. Having a 'studio tour' seemed like a good time to hang some 'laundry.' Doing this just reminds me of the 'good old days' and makes me smile and hopefully, my guests. I took these photos early in the a.m. I love the way my little studio looks in the early morning light.

I really wanted you to see the vintage dress here. There is also a photo of the hem of that dress. I paid $5 for it quite a while ago. It's usually hanging in my guest room. There is an apron hanging next to it....given to me by my good friend, Jim. I have several of these and this one might be the prettiest. I've shown the hemline of that apron....crocheted lace....just beautiful! I chose to hang some pretty baby clothes, a crocheted glove, an vintage petticoat and a doll pinafore too, all with pretty lace. I hated to take the 'laundry' down at the end of the day, but it's really ok, as I'll certainly do more of it as time goes by.

Sometimes I hang a quilt on the porch. You never know....maybe I'll show you one or two of those in the future. What do you think? Is this too cute, or what??? take care out there, pat

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

love the vintage laundry - the time it took to make something so pretty is amazing. I'd love to see more. Love your nest!

Bonnie

http://bbonnieblue.blogspot.com/

Julie Fukuda said...

Lovely pictures. They took me back to the past a while.
What I want to know now is how long it takes a broken toe to mend.(or even stop throbbing for that matter)

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Yes yes so inviting. Nothing says home like laundry hanging out.

Jim Gatling said...

Love your laundry!!!! All your photos are wonderful! (If I hung out laundry it would be boxers and Hawaiian shirts.) And why, when I give you something does it always looks better at your house???

Anonymous said...

Oh, where do you store/keep 20,000 photos? On computer or flash drives????

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh yes! Love the laundry! Your studio is wonderful. I peeked over your first page and your art is wonderful too. Nice to know about your visits. So happy to bump into you!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.