Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pretty Little Birds!







Hey there! Hope all is well with you. It's been a very busy week here, so I'm once again feeling behind in my posting efforts. I figure you understand....as aren't we "all busy all the time" these days.

Today I decided that I wanted to show you some very pretty little birds that came here to the Nest all the way from Japan. One of my blogging friends is Julie. She lives in Japan and often comments on my blog posts. I appreciate her (and her comments) very much. These little birds had been living in her house, so she decided I needed to have them....and they needed to fly, so she sent them on their way to me. I was delighted to find they had landed in my mailbox on a recent beautiful Fall day. They are dear.

They are very tiny....the largest about an inch high and an inch and a half wide. Beautiful little things too. They have little pins on the back...so I could actually wear them (and I might on a special occasion)......but I think I will find an appropriate way to display them here in the Nest.....and when I see them flying around, I will be reminded of my friend, Julie and her thoughtfulness. You can see Julie's quilt work here. I know you will enjoy it....tell her I sent you!

In honor of these tiny birds, I thought I'd post a couple of quotes I like:

"The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship." William Blake

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." Henry Van Dyke

And, so....from a dear friend these pretty little birds came to me....I'm so very lucky and so appreciative...thank you again, Julie!!! take care out there, pat

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Those are adorable!!

Brenda

Eddie said...

Those ARE neat little birds, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come with to display them, I'm sure it will be great.

Claudine said...

Ils sont vraiment magnifiques ces petits oiseaux! Un très beau cadeau. Je suis allée sur son blog. Elle fait des merveilles! Bisous et bon dimanche, Pat

Julie Fukuda said...

My dear friend,Pat, I know you will find the perfect place for them to nest. They look so much happier to be out of the vinyl packs and into the light of day.
Hugs, Julie

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a wonderful gift to receive. I am sure no one else you know has ever seen any like them. I'm glad they won't be hidden away anymore!

Vicki Boster said...

Beautiful birds Pat! All the way from Japan-- that's amazing! Your pretty birds will have a little nest soon- I will be starting on your nest in the next week or two--
Hope you are doing well. I'm sending love-/
Vicki

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.