Sunday, March 20, 2016

Suddenly, Birds Everywhere!


I visited Mountain View a couple of weeks ago with a friend.  It was a very nice day!  Thank you, Shannon♥ for acting as my 'driver.'
We visited some friends who live there and had a wonderful time.  BBQ for lunch, a flea market visit, and good friends.  What could be better?  We certainly hope to visit again in the not-too-distant future.  Of course, we managed to leave Mountain View with new purchases in the car, one of which was this blackbird you see perched in my living room.  Do you see it?  Created by my friend, Kay, one of the dearest people ever....it sang out "take me home with you."  And, so I did!  Thank you, Kay!!

  

 A closer photo....funny....when I brought this dear bird into the house, it immediately told me where it wanted to perch.  It's crazy how that happens!  I couldn't bare to remove the tag....Kay and I both tend to talk a lot, so I can hear her voice when I read the tag...yes, it's staying put.


 I guess the little bird is happy here...maybe it feels at home.  I think it makes my home a happier place, so we are even.  And, with a button in its mouth!  How appropriate in Bird Nest Cottage!

  

And, perched on one of my old bobbins....love it!


 So, there you are....a new bird in the house.  One from a friend...the best kind!!!
Earlier this week, I looked out the front door to see hundreds of blackbirds.  (Maybe they came to visit my new blackbird!)  Actually, I could hear them before I knew they were out there.  So, I tried to carefully open the front door to get a photo or two.  You have to be quick!  These aren't the best, as I wanted to snap a few photos before they flew away, but they are the best I could do.  It was amazing!

  

 It was a rainy day....but they seemed happy to be out and about...some even wading in the puddles!


 There were millions of tiny little acorns around for them to feast on.....of course, why they were there in the first place!   Oh, these birds are Grackles.  A nuisance to many, but I enjoyed their visit!


 They usually arrive in a huge flock....when we lived on the farm...they would visit by the thousands.

  

 Photos taken from my front door.....I tried not to make any sudden moves or noise.
 

But, wouldn't you know....I was spotted and they all flew away.  And, so ended the visit!
A nice day with a nice visit....from hundreds of birds, and one who came to stay!

from
Bird Nest Cottage
until next time,
♥♥♥


5 comments:

sandi s said...

I love your new old sewing bird and the pictures! Hugs,

Julie Fukuda said...

We once lived along a fly-way and used to get huge flocks of birds taking over our back yard. The first time she saw them, my daughter looked out the window and called, "look Mom, it's raining birds".

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

So glad you love those Grackles!! I HATE them and will shoo them your way. I won't bother to tell you why I hate them so much. But I love my CROWS!! Absolutely. I think your bird is a crow. He looks like a crow. You know how they like to collect things. Yup. He's a crow. You better watch out for what other things he will find in your house besides that button!

Hey!! Happy Easter!!
xx, Carol

Christy said...

I love any kind of blackbirds. I guess because I love Poe so much. Very cool that you had the visit from so many outside and I love the little blackbird you purchased. So cute. Take care, Pat.
botm2@yahoo.com

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

By the thousands! What a sight that must have been X

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.