Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The First Bluets


 Every Spring I search to find the first Bluets of the year.  At least in my little world.  And, I did.
I found them last week as I was on my morning walk.  These were growing right next to the curb on the street behind my house.  Hardy little Arkansas Wildflowers...I love them.
About my Morning Walk.  Sometimes I walk in the morning.  Sometimes I have an Afternoon Walk. On a really good day...I walk in the a.m. AND the p.m.  I'm trying to get some exercise.  I feel I need a reward to do this as I'm not really an exercise person.  Finding little beautiful things like Bluets is, in my mind, a great reward!!!


 They are very TINY!  Here is a little Bluet as compared to my index fingernail.   It's a wonder to me that I even see them, but really, I do try hard to find them.


 One lone little flower....so sweet!


 And, then, several in a little row.  Aren't they just dear?  By the way, Bluets can be blue, purple, pink or white.  Who knew?


 Really, they are so small I thought you might want to see them in comparison to other things....like a spool of thread, or my thimble.  And, aren't they cute in this little vintage glass I have?


 Here you can see the whole plant, from roots up.  About an inch and a half.  Just dear.

And, here is a little thought for you...one I love: 

"Just living is not enough...
one must have sunshine, freedom,
and a little flower."

Hans Christian Anderson

 Hope you are having a good week!!!

from
Bird Nest  Cottage
until next time
♥♥♥



4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Funny how something can trigger a memory. Your little plant in a water glass is cute. I used to stick plants in water all the time. When Laurie was growing up I had a few cute containers hanging in the kitchen window. Her boyfriend at the time would always comment to Laurie that I was the only nut he knew that grew plants in water. Could that be why I put plants in the pond now?

We have had a couple of warm days. Thankfully we were able to pick up branches from the back yard that came down in the winter winds. The dogs get a hold of them and drag them all over and tear off the bark. It's amazing what they find to play with!!

xx, Carol

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice reminder that you don't have to be loud and showy to have value. Sweet post.

Una said...

How sweet are these tiny flowers,I love the colour of them,it's good that you spot beauty while your having your walks,I remember once you found a heart shape in a curb stone that no one else would have given a second thaught to but you found it because of your love of hearts.I hope you are going to keep searching for lovely things,as I love to read about them.Take care,X Una.X.

Kathy said...

These grow in my back yard but nobody could tell me what they are. I'm very glad you posted about them!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.