Thursday, March 28, 2019

What I Saw Today, Including a New Crop of Bluetts


 So this is what I saw today (which at this hour of the night was YESTERDAY).  It was a good day at the Junk House....lots of goodies to look at, work to do and lots of laughing.  Good medicine.  
On last week's chair....two colorful items.  With just enough red!  


 And, on top of this cabinet, lots of goodies.  More on that lamp further along in my story.


 I've decided that nearly everything I like seems to have flowers on it.  And, I love pink and red.  Funny, since I remember my first grade teacher telling me you shouldn't use the pink and red crayons together.  Ruined me for life, I think, because I love them together...and shades thereof.


 This tray is pretty! 


This tin is wonderful...so old and worn.  I have resisted buying it so far, but every time I look at it, I have to reconsider.  Well, let's see how long that lasts before I give in.


A few really pretty pieces of needlepoint have been in the store lately.  This is one of them.


Another pretty little lamp, so sweet.  And, a bit of quilting ready to be made into something else.  The Irish Oatmeal can is pretty interesting too.


 Some quilt pieces....(butterflies) and other things.  I have a 'thing' for thread cones like this one.  I came home today with a pink one.


Oh my.  A chamber pot lid.  In poor light, so that warrants another photo (although I like the way it looks here).


So, here it is in different light.  Just beautiful.  I placed it on top of a wonderful book on herbs.
The size of the photos perfect for small embroideries.  BTW, I came home with both.  I don't know what I will do with that lid, but I do have an assortment of sizes of this kind of lid.  I keep thinking I will figure out something creative to do with them....meantime, I like looking at them and wondering what I will do with them!


 Now, here's that lamp I mentioned earlier.  So cute.  And, perfect for Bird Nest on the Ground, don't you think?  I'll show you where it winds up in my house as soon as I figure that out!


 Today my job was to take all the linens out of this cabinet, sort through them, removing some, rearranging others.  I love that job.  This is the after photo. 


 Lots of goodies here. 


And here.


 And, here.


I almost missed this little bird.  In fact, Kathy says it was there in that cabinet last week, so I did miss it then, but I saw it today.  It's 2" x 3" and adorable!!  Yes.  It did come home with me.  Ok, it was $1.00.  How could I leave it there?


This little cardboard church is very sweet.  I like the little boy and girl sitting over there on the side.
Look at her face...I think she likes the little church too!


 Another view.


 Ok.  I'm a pushover for TINY houses painted on this, that, or another thing...so, of course, this little vase came home with me too.  Inspiration for an idea with that piece of painted canvas I showed you in the last post.  If I can do it.


This little black item caught my eye.  Turns out it holds one of my very favorite things to be found at the flea.....an old photograph!  It needs repair, but is still DEAR!


And, here you see the inside!  Isn't she sweet?  Another new relative I can make up stories about.


A beautiful pitcher.  What's not to love?


And, this wonderful old box.  With green graphics to top it off.  Filled with a cute glass lamp, a cool basket and other goodies....love the little white shelf with just enough room to hold two old, tiny prints.  


Love the little thatched roof cottage.  How could I have left it there???


Lots of crochet and lacy things.  Tatting.  Be still my heart!



 Ok, Ok!  Yes.  I did bring these two tiny vases home.  The second I saw them I thought of one of my favorite flowers of Spring....the Bluetts that grow here, there and yon.  Every Spring since I moved into this house, I go out back to Two Pines Park and look for the current crop of Bluetts.  They come in blue, pink or white here.  I was disappointed to see that the lawn out there had been mowed today while I was gone, so I had to look...but did find just enough Bluetts to make these photos.
Are they not just adorable?  The two little pitchers, very thin glass, made in France. 

Perfect!  I placed two little spools of Silk thread there to give you some kind of idea just how small the little  pitchers are.  What fun! And, the flowers...so tiny and sweet!

So....what do you think?  Would you have chosen what I did, or did you see something in the photos that interested you more?  What was your favorite?

Thanks for the visit....I'll post again on Sunday, if not before. 

until next time
BE WELL
 from
Bird Nest Cottage 
❤️❤️❤️
 

4 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

So many lovely things! I especially like all the linen.

Suzi said...

This is remarkable.

brianhaggard said...

Well Pat for starters I wont you to send that chair to Indy as soon as you can Love love love it also the little bird dish is the bees knees I am lusting after it.
Also there is a basket in the middle of the run that is a Harry and David that I collect I mean 5.00 is a great price, I us then on the tables in the studio for all kinds of uses.
But now we need to start the negotiation's for the daguerreotype photo I mean really the luck of some people I love the photos printed on glass I mite have had to Wrestle it from you If I were present.
Ok now as for the lid collection I have some thing to share for you to do with those chat me up and I will walk through it and you can show it to your readers.
as always it is great to see what you do and how you think. Big Kisses from us here in Indianapolis IN you know we love you Brian Haggard

Louise Doney said...

I loved the little glass piece with the bird in it , I would have taken that home with me also. Also love the needlepoint oval framed piece as I have several of those in my bedroom in my cottage in Pa. see I knew we were kindred spirits Pat !

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.