Sunday, March 31, 2019

Where Flowers Bloom


Kathy sent me this quote over the weekend.  Such a nice one.  Having grown up in Texas, and being of a certain age, I had heard it "back in the day."  And, it never hurts to remember it.  I have been fascinated by people making up these little "kits" these days, so had a couple handy.  I thought I could use one to make a pincushion and wouldn't it be nice to use the quote Kathy had sent.  Indeed!  A really good idea.  So, here you are, a place to begin.


These days, I am much better at dreaming up a project than I am actually making it.  I keep telling myself they are here patiently waiting for me to begin and I should take them up on it.  Never give up I say.


That piece of lace in pink and yellow...right there on the right side of the photo...I painted that an age ago.  Not even realizing what I was doing today...I placed a yellow heart pin and a pink pin into that little bundle and didn't realize it until I took the photo.  Just a little visual treat, I would say.  A happy little accident.  Serendipity.  


 Some of the "ingredients" peeking out the side of the little bundle.  Oh, my goodness.....I will never get tired of playing with all this stuff!!!


 "Where flowers bloom so does Hope."
Lady Bird Johnson

Seems to me we are in need of lots of Hope these days....so let's all plant or sew more flowers!

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Like certain people (you know the ones) who don't think pink and red go together, I used to think that pink and yellow didn't go together. As people say, Mother Nature never makes mistakes and Peace roses convinced me that pink and yellow are lovely together. I LOVE your little project bundle! I think it's much better to have plentiful inspiration and not use it all than to not recognize it when you need it. Don't take any chances!


Sherry in Little Rock

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Oh, I love all those little bits and pieces - everything goes so well together!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Pat, just got caught up on your posts. They feature such wonderful photos of beautiful things. All things I love...you have a knack for putting things together.

brianhaggard said...

Pat,What a wonderful thing to get a person motivated, that is going to be so much fun to work with.
Just a note: As a Interior Designer I am know for color and my use of it any color if given the right level of tint, tone, or shade will work together.

I have not use the phrase (I HATE that color) in years because just as soon as you say that a new palette comes to you, and that is the match you may have been waiting for.
It has taken me years to get that in my head so just a tidbit.
Brian from Indianapolis IN

Cindy Davis said...

Hey Pat! Fun post! Encouraging quote!

Blessings,
Cindy, creator of diybohemian.com

Come visit me sometime!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.