Monday, May 13, 2019

In My Own Little World


 So, I suppose you could say I have stepped out on a limb.  Something I'm not very good at doing.  I'm not a highly aggressive person, and with only the tiniest tiniest slice of a sense adventure.  But, I've thought of having my own little shop within a store at my friends Kathy and Morgan's flea market for a while now.  I brought it up with Kathy about three weeks ago.  She was very encouraging...just the way she is!  And, the decision was made.

As there wasn't much space available...and I really didn't want to have a large space anyway, well, the space you see here was my choice.  And, like Goldilocks said....this one was "just right."  

I think this will be fun...but also work...a combo I actually like.  I'll have to be clever and maybe even a bit innovative to keep it stocked...but, oh my....there's probably enough in my house to supply me with merchandise for a good while.

I selected this little phrase to sum up how I feel about this new situation:

"I live in my own little world, but, it's ok.  They know me here." 


Yes, this will be my new "own little world."

And, it will exist inside The Junk House, a place I really enjoy and go to for friendship and 'therapy.'


 I really had no idea what I was doing.  I just selected some things from my little Bird Nest Cottage and tried to display them like I would in my home.  
More or less.


 So, the photos will tell you the story....in their own way...


 A closer look.


 This area looked pretty colorful....something I am not....but I did like it.


And, there it is!
I came across this quote.  A very timely one considering my age: 

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
 C.S. Lewis

Only time will tell if this was a wise decision.  I'm doing it for my health, really.  I felt I needed to also be more disciplined.  I can waste a whole day at a time and it will feel like five minutes if I'm not  careful.  I'm a list maker, so some goal setting is good.  And, of course, there is that friendship thing too.  It's always fun to be there!  We will see how it goes.  I'm excited about it.

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
 
❤️❤️❤️


9 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Good for you! Well done in making a dream come true. Good luck with your new venture. It looks fabulous!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet space for your treasures! So excited for you - you have a knack for arranging so this should be a perfect place for you. Congratulations!

sandi s said...

I love the idea of your own little “shop”! You have such a great eye for fun and neat treasures. I wish you much luck. Hugs,

Betsy E said...

What a fabulous idea! The space looks wonderful and I can see the love that went into it. Remember this, You are not too old and it's not too late!! You go girl. Love you!

Louise Doney said...

Now you can shop for more treasures, combining two therapy’s.........clever girl!

Julie Fukuda said...

Noce little shop. Did you make those cards?

http://thankfullga447 said...

Such a nice surprise, it is lovely. Good luck!

Cindy Davis said...

Your little space is lovely!...and, very inviting! But, HOW could you part with your things?!! That would be my problem in offering for sale my own things that have been in my house for a long time...they have rooted and become part of me and my surroundings.

I wish you the best.

Blessings,
Cindy Davis, creator of diybohemian.com

Jaybird said...

Good luck Ms. Pat!! I know your customers will be soooooo glad you have your own space!! The daughter and I have taken the matter of a sales place into consideration, but I just work a bit too much. Someday if I ever retire, maybe!!
Have a great weekend and many blessings to you!
J

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.