Monday, June 10, 2019

Flowers, Tea and a Postcard


Last Tuesday, I received a text from my friend, Brian.  I suppose you could say he was "on my case" because I had skipped a few Wednesday posts, but it was such a cute message, I wanted to share it with you.

"JUST CHECKING IN ON YOU TO SAY HELLO AND WHERE ARE OUR WEDNESDAY POSTS THAT WE GOT TO SEE ON THE BLOG I'M MISSING SOME BIRD NEST ON THE GROUND JUST SAYING." 

 (I smile every time I read it.)

Seems I said there would be a post on Sunday nights also....hence this one.  You know,  I find it isn't always easy to come up with something.  Today, for instance, I didn't have one clue, but I was involved with some flowers...therefore you are seeing flowers tonight.  I never tire of them and since I don't have a green thumb...it's rare I can show any.  Hope you enjoy!


I purchased this little pot of Tuberous Begonias and had them sitting on the table...in passing by couldn't help but be surprised at how translucent the centers were.   Just a little light from the window shining through....what a glorious sight!! 


Amazing!


Just beautiful!!!


And, Bird Nest Cottage is blooming!  


Once again, there are Daisies!!!


And, there are Hydrangeas!
 I couldn't resist putting one in this great glass vase I got from the flea market a few weeks ago.  I also put some sprigs of Mint in there too.  Smells great!


These are really bright....I was expecting a softer, paler pink...but since I'm challenged with a non-green thumb, I'll take whatever I get and be happy.


 They really make the kitchen cheery!


I also wanted to show you what I got in the real mail....a Post Card.  I can't even remember the last time someone sent me a REAL Post Card.  Just made my day!  And, it is from my dear friend, Kay.
She is such a thoughtful person. 

 Here's what it says....there's a word or two in the dark....

"Home is where the Heart is
Lie it east - or lie it west;
And, my heart is with the dear ones
In the old Home nest."

And, Kay's message says:

"Well, you can guess why you're getting this card:
House, flowers, nest...it was screaming your name."



Another dear friend making me smile.



 Flowers, then friends....so I thought it a good time to try out this new tea. 
 I do love my hot tea.  
(The old navy man always said I just liked to hold a hot cup!)
Actually, this tea is delicious.  It smells just like a Mounds or Almond Joy candy bar.
Since I'm allergic to chocolate, I certainly can't have one of those, but I can SMELL this tea!
 And, drink it too!  


 This little coffee station is set up in my pantry.  I don't drink coffee, but it's there in case someone wants a cup.  I'm showing it to you because of the flowers. 
 I think they are pretty.....but they aren't real.  I found them at Hobby Lobby the other day...50 per cent off, so I made this little arrangement. 
 I'm good with it not being real.
(Sometimes I don't feel real either.)


 Another plant in the front porch area is this Gardenia


 This is its second or third year and I haven't killed it yet.
And, it smells divine!

So, there we are for a Sunday Night.

See you Wednesday with a report from the flea market.


until next time
BE WELL 
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️


2 comments:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

That begonia looks so pretty with the light shining through it! And love the pink hydrangia.. I just can't for the life of me grow those. I've tried and tried and never get very far with them. And I'm so envious you have Gardenias by your front door! I used to have an indoor one that smelled just Heavenly. That postcard is so sweet too... it is so true what it says. I love my little home and it is truly my nest and haven..... and I MUST try that tea! It looks devine.. I drink tea every day, and it's fun to find new flavors. I had a chocolate tea once, but didn't really like it, though hubby did! He's a tried and true coffee drinker though. I'm fairly new to your blog and always enjoy it! Marilyn (central Oregon)

brianhaggard said...

Thanks for the share I've been missing you miss bird nest on the ground all the love from Indianapolis Chow

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.