Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quilting Arkansas '09, Part One: Venue






Quilting Arkansas '09 was held this past weekend at a very special place to Arkansas Quiltmakers. Every other year we all descend on the Arkansas 4H Center, located ten scenic miles from Little Rock. This may be the very best retreat we have had....take my word...it was WONDERFUL!!!

I thought you might want to see what this place looks like...just out of curiosity. You know Arkansas sometimes gets a bum wrap in the media, making everything and everyone out to be on the hillbilly/dumb side. And, on occasion, goofy things do take place, however, it's places like the 4H Center that makes us want to show off and say - "See, there are many beautiful places and wonderful things happening here in Arkansas!" And, something else to boast about is the large number of wonderful quiltmakers who call Arkansas home.

I didn't really have time to take any photos, but I did manage to take a few as I was leaving on Sunday. I hope you can see just how beautiful this little spot is. I sat out by the gazebo for a while and thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet while admiring the lake which sits behind the conference center. There is a rose garden out there as well....it's a very secluded place and a pleasure to visit.

My favorite photos were taken from my car as I drove away....past each wing of the center...seeing the rest of my friends packing their cars to leave. We are always reluctant to go home...it's so much fun to be with friends in such a lovely place. And, notice the bits of fog around those Arkansas hills....just beautiful!

Yes, we hate to see it end...but you know what...plans are already underway for Quilting Arkansas 2011!!! Hope you enjoyed this little view of one of Arkansas's little secrets!! take care, pat

1 comment:

Poppy Cottage said...

Hi Pat!

These photos are great! I'm ready to go back, how about you? We had the best time and are very excited about planning the next one. The aprons are "a go" so start plotting and scheming ;)

Big hugs my friend!
Sharon

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.