Sunday, April 4, 2010

Redbud Tree on Easter Sunday






It's just gotten dark here on this Easter Sunday. It's been pretty quiet around here today as I only had that old navy man and his stepdad (90 years old!) here. They're easy. Food, dessert, tv, then more food. They are two sweet guys. After Richard took Bob home...around 6:00, I stepped out to the Nest to see if I had email. I also had my camera in my hand, and since the weather has been just gorgeous today, I looked around for something to photograph to show you. Not much going on around here, but our little Redbud tree looked pretty good and so did the one across the street, so they became my blog subject for the day.

First, here's the one across the street! It's really pretty, much larger than ours (you'll see why next photo!). I always love photos with the American flag flying in the breeze - this one belongs to our next door neighbor. Looks great up against the color of the redbud tree across the street!

Then, there is OUR poor little redbud tree! Notice how small and leaning it is, but truly doing what we are trying to do around here these days....and that is to 'hang in there.' I think it's still pretty, but actually, it's days are numbered. Each year it leans a bit more. When we moved into this house in 2001, this redbud tree was really pretty. Two days after we moved in, there was a terrible thunderstorm which completely destroyed one of our huge Bradford pear trees in the front yard, damaged one in the back yard, and split this redbud right down the middle.
We are holding onto it as long as it blooms.

The blooms on this tree are just gorgeous....take a close look...don't you agree?

So, a quiet Easter Sunday, a breath of fresh air as I looked for a subject to photograph, something really pretty to look at and another day nearly over. I'm heading in to fall into a comfy chair and spend a couple of hours reading the new issue of Somerset Life and the debut issue of Prims, also by Stampington. Hope your Easter Sunday was beautiful too. take care, pat

3 comments:

fiberdoodles said...

Happy Easter my dear friend! your pictures are just lovely. I admired my neighbors red bud this evening; they are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing yours ;)

Elderberry-Rob said...

your redbud trea is beautiful its bloom is a little like mini sweetpeas. Did you know trees struck by lightening are supposed to be magical? I think it will hang in there for many years yet!

FredaB said...

It sounds like you had a nice quiet Easter like We did. Just the 2 of us. Did speak to all 6 grandkids on the phone. Son & daughter and families celebrated together so got all 6 kids together.

Your redbud tree is beautiful. On our trip home early May we see them all the way north. One stretch of Indiana between Indy. and Chicago have them all along the highway and they are beautiful.

Hugs

FredaB

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.