Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sharing this Day


Sharing my day with you...

My brother-in-law, Don Eaton, in Birmingham, Alabama, had a stroke on Monday.  He is the old navy man's older brother.  My heart is in Alabama these days and with him and his family.
Don is an artist...he painted this bird nest and eggs watercolor for me.    I have been enjoying it this Autumn season.  ♥


These flowers arrived at my house on my birthday.  From my favorite son.  Beautiful, aren't they?


Here is the card that came with them.  I had to Google the French, as I don't understand a word of it.  I just think it is beautiful on the page.   I went to Google translate and this is what I got:   "You are my mother, preferred."  How cute is that?
 

 Here are close-ups of the flowers.  LOVE THEM! 


I like to dry the roses and have several around the house that I have saved over time.  I  will save these too.  Visual memories, so to speak.


 He also sent me this lovely bird book.  He said I mentioned one time wanting a children's book about birds, in French, so he found this one on amazon.com.    Who knew?  I love it....I can't read it, of course, but I can enjoy looking at it.  Actually, when I am out scouting the flea markets, I always look for books in French.  Not much chance of them turning up in Arkansas, but it gives me something to look for!  My dream is to find a vintage French book on needlework....well, yes, I DID say DREAM!
But, you never know.....and I do like a challenge!


 The artwork is just gorgeous in this book....makes me want to take another stab at doing more applique and embroidering of birds.

  

Just lovely.  Wouldn't a kid enjoy these? 



I will enjoy this book for a very long time...inspiration is always a good thing!  Thank you, Scott!

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful day!  

Until next time, take care.  ♥ pat

  

I voted the first day of early voting in Arkansas.  PLEASE vote!  People died so we would have the privilege of voting.


6 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Belated happy birhday, Pat!
That's a sweet note from your son: It says, "You are my favorite Mother." Google translations are frequently clumsy - Haha!
Fabulous bird books, too.

Sheila said...

Beautiful flowers and sweet card. Nice book of birds.
Sorry to hear about your brother in law.

Shannon Young said...

Bon anniversaire!!! Etudiez-vous française? il n'y a pas beaucoup de gens en arkansas avec qui nous pouvons le parler. Or is it "nous le pouvons parler?" Je ne sais pas. Un peu rouillé. Non, trés de rouillé!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is a heart warming post. The roses are absolutely gorgeous. It's funny how our kids remember something we say and turn it into the most thoughtful gift.

When Corey was 16 he went on vacation to Floriday and brought a surf shop t-shirt back for me remembering that I had said I loved the Logo. We just can't pull them in close enough for a hug, can we.

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

I see that you have continued to decorate your new home with vignettes. Lovely.

Be well Pat. Have a blessed day. Hope you have sun!
xx, Carol

Maggie Ann said...

I am sorry to hear of the stroke...one changed my Mom's life forever here on earth. May the Almighty help Don and give him healing. Body and soul.

What a special son you have! I have enjoyed your post so very much. The bird pictures are exquisite, I see why you love them so. and the French is captivating.Belated Happy Birthdaay from me in Pa. Maggie

Julie Fukuda said...

Lots to celebrate along with your birthday. Glad you had a happy one.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.