Monday, July 17, 2017

A Pink Bird


In the last couple of days, I 'unearthed' this ceramic piece in the garage.  As I tend to fill every kind of container you can think of with buttons and such...this time, I thought of a little collection I have of tiny balls of perle cotton, crochet thread, etc.  The colors were just so perfect.  I love this little 
'flower' dish with the perfect pink bird hovering over it....and so, with a bit more color  -  a quilt, this blog post came about.


 I love how the top of the "flower" is yellow and as you look down, it turns into this pretty pink color...just like the bird.


 A bit closer....


 And, upside down.  Where it's really pink!  There you see the maker...Royal Copley.



Thought I should give you a better idea of it's size...even the thread size can be noted.    I don't think I can ever use this thread...as I rarely find these little balls of thread in my flea market trips...and this thread is, to me, very special.  


And, what about the quilt?  It's special too.  Actually, most of the quilt is in need of lots of repair, so it may not happen.  However, I will do something with it...meantime, it's great for a backdrop.  With PINK!    


 Closer.


 And, more color!

As you know, shopping at the flea market is one of my favorite things and I've been doing it for years.  So, therefore, my house is full of "stuff.'  My doctor recently told me to keep it up as it "keeps me going."  Oh, yea, Permission!  How cool is that?  People tell me that my house 'looks just like me."  And, you know I have always said there is a story for every item.  With that in mind, I found this quote today:

"Collect things that you love, that are authentic to you, and your house becomes your story."
Erin Flett

Indeed!

from
Bird Nest Cottage
until next time,
♥️♥️♥️
 

5 comments:

Jaybird said...

A beautiful pink birdie dish!! Mr. C built me a cabinet for my sewing room, so I have been sorting....ugh.....
The best part is seeing all of the good stuff that I had stashed away :^)
Hugs to you and blessings,
J

sandi s said...

Your bowl and threads are precious!! I collect bird items but only if I really love them. I'm a quilter so I love seeing all kinds of quilts. Have fun at your next flea market. As always take care. Hugs, Sandi

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh wow! That quote Certifies you!! I remember my mom having little balls of thread like those. My motto in retirement is ...so whatever you love and eliminate toxic people from your life. I think our life is focused on our dogs now that our nest is empty. The Crazy Train rarely visits anymore!
xx, Carol

Jenny said...

Hi Pat...
I love your little and the bird sitting on top is absolutely precious! What a pretty color...The quilt is just beautiful...I think basket quilts are some of my favorites! Hmmm I see a pattern here...I love baskets, and little bowls with birds on them and pretty little dishes...lol! Flea markets and second hand stores are my favorites...I ALWAYS find something fun to bring home!
Thanks for such a pretty post my friend!
Sending hugs and love!

Unknown said...

THE HUNT IS SO MUCH A PART OF THE WONDERFUL TREASURE DISCOVERY.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.