Sunday, October 2, 2011

That "S" Hook Story and Another Heart





After a weekend of trouble with the computer....thanks to it's inept operator...here I am to tell you the story of the 'S' hooks. As my friend, Brenda, wondered....should I really bring this up to you out there? As she reminds me, I got in enough trouble with it when it actually happened. Well, I've had requests for me to tell you as I DID bring it up and once that is done....some of you won't rest until you know what I am talking about....so, here it is:

Several years ago, I experienced something that can't be explained. Well, NOT by ME anyway and probably not by you either. It all started one day as I got out of my car in the WalMart parking lot. As I walked around my car, I saw an "S" hook laying on the ground. (I tend to look down a lot...you know...I'm always looking for those heart rocks and such.) This time, I saw that "S" hook, so I picked it up and put it in my purse. Never thought a thing about it other than I might need one of those 'sometime.' A few days later, I went to Hastings, the book/video store. I got out of my car, walked around it, went about fifteen feet and saw an "S" hook laying on the ground. I picked it up, put it in my purse and didn't think too much about it.

The next week, I was back at WalMart. Like I said, this was several years ago....at a time when our WalMart still sold DMC floss. That was what I was doing there that day....buying floss.
At that time, they displayed the DMC in little cabinets with drawers showing the numbers of the floss. So, I went there to make my selections, and THERE, on top of the cabinet, was a little "S" hook. The funny thing was there was not one place on that whole aisle where you could have used an "S" hook. Nowhere. No wire to hang it from, no loops, no pegboard, no nothing. So, I picked it up, put it in my purse, got my DMC and walked away.

By this time, I was beginning to think I was seeing way too many of these hooks. What did it mean? Why me? This happened to me over a period of several weeks. Every time I went somewhere, I'd find an "S" hook...in the parking lots, on the sidewalk...all kinds of places. I'd pick them up and take them home. I still have most of them, but not all. I found all sizes. They turn out to be rather useful and over time, I've used them here and there. It's weird...I supposed that someone, somewhere "out there" was sending me some kind of message. I have no idea what. Then, after those several weeks, I never found another one. (This photo is of the ones I have left...I keep them in a little drawer in the Nest.)

The trouble I had, as Brenda mentioned, was that my friends made fun of me for quite a while. Well, who wouldn't, if you think about it? It became known as my "S" Hook Saga. I've never heard of it happening to anyone else. So it hasn't....or else, they were smarter than I and kept it to themselves.

One of my readers suggested it was a wonder I wasn't arrested...I guess especially in WalMart for making off with one of their "S" hooks. I never even gave that a thought at the time. (Well, honestly, I thought it was put there for me....after all, there was nowhere it was needed on that whole aisle...and I did go there specifically for that DMC floss....why else would it have been there?) Of course, I'm not serious....I don't know why it was there, but, you have to admit it really was a WEIRD coincidence! What do YOU think?

Now, about the heart....as you know, I went to the Bee's Knees the other day and found that wonderful sign you saw in my last post. When I got out of my car, I looked down and THERE was this Heart Rock!!! I'm telling you....life is never boring!!! So, there you are....my "S" hook and heart stories. Who knew??? take care out there, pat

PS. Next time, oh, tomorrow or the next day....you'll get to see something really quite beautiful and made of fabric!

4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I assure you, you are not the only one out there with this kind of story. I'll bet I could match you story for story. I feel sorry for young people today who walk along with ear phones in their ears and looking at a i-phone as they go. They don't even have any idea what they might be missing.

Sherry said...

Pat, my husband used to work with a man who constantly found tools on the road sides as he drove. You know how guys love tools and Paul was amazed (and a little envious, I think) of this man's luck. Thinking the streets must be awash with lost tools, we both started watching carefully but, alas, never saw anything more interesting than the occasional lugnut!

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

The story never gets old. G's Art teacher talked last year about making a project from "found" objects so I will tell her she needs to get off her IPhone and start looking down and around. Life is funny, but you really enjoy it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The Universe was definitely sending you a message..too bad you couldn't figure it out. Or perhaps you did and didn't know it and that's why you stopped finding S hooks! ~lol~

Great story.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.