Sunday, October 8, 2017

It's the Little Things


 A week ago today, my friend, Jim G. came for a short visit.  It had been a long time since his last visit and it turned out to be a lovely day.  Truly.  Now, if ever there was a friend who liked to give multiple "little things," well, it would be Jim.  If you know him, you know he "collects."  For himself, and for his friends.  So as not to fall short I suppose, this visit was no exception...he brought me several things.  Oh, I can't believe I actually said that....because every visit with Mr. G is exceptional for one reason or another!  And, as my post title suggests....it's the little things in life that seem to count.  Now, I'm fine if friends arrive with no gifts....after all...in my mind, they ARE the gift!  But, Mr. G., well, he did think of me, obviously several times, and I really do appreciate those thoughts.  I'm not going to show you everything he brought in this post.....just a couple of them....I'm sure you will get what I'm talking about!


 So, let's begin with a vintage petticoat.  A deep lace hem with many tucks above it.  Oh, my goodness, what could be prettier? 



 Don't you agree?


 And, this little precious shoe.....I am just nuts over it!!!  Only Mr. G would find a tiny bird perched on a shoe!!!


 Adorable.


 It says something on the bottom, but I sure can't read it.


 I do so LOVE it. ❤️


 Indeed!


 Maybe you can get a better idea of it's size here.

Thank you, Jim!

One of life's great pleasures is a good friend.  And, when a friend really knows you and likes you anyway...well, that's a blessing.  I found this quote today....I hope you like it as much as I did.

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. For in the
dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."
Khalil Gibran 
❤️

from
Bird Nest Cottage
until next time
♥♥♥


2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's amazing that Jim found such a tiny shoe AND with a bird perched on it. Everything about it is excellent but the best part was he gave it to you with so much love. I'm glad you two got to visit. Much love to you, Pat.
xx, Carol

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness....I am so very happy that you had a wonderful day with your friend Jim! And yes he truly knows you...lol! That petticoat is really lovely with all the lace and tucks in it! I can just see the woman working to get it just right! And THE SHOE! Ok that one is absolutely exquisite! The size, the details and of course the bird make it just about perfect! I think these gifts given with such care and love will be making you smile for a long time to come. Enjoy!
Sending hugs and love!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.