Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pincushions, Another View


It's been a busy day, but I wanted to post something 'pretty.' Something that tells you what kind of work I like to do...aside from quilting, that is. Now, you know that I haven't been quilting in a while, but I do still consider myself a quiltmaker, however, there is nothing new along those lines in the Nest just yet, and may not be for a while to come....but there are plenty of 'little things' in my photo archives for me to bring back out and show once in a while.

I don't know about you, but I tend to forget just what I have made and bringing out the photos occasionally reminds me that I didn't just vacuum or do laundry, or buy groceries, or cook, or dust. Well, you get the picture.

So....here are a few of my treasures.... all living somewhere else....happily, I hope. (I do still have one larger of the blue ones, which I saved.) I do appreciate everyone who has ever purchased one of my pincushions.....as they are made with love and great care. It's nice to know they have good homes and are loved as I loved making them.

I really did enjoy making this little pink pincushion...very small and narrow....but makes a statement anyway. Oh, goodness! The Tea Cup pincushion.....painted that teacup one day and saved it for probably several years before I stitched the pincushion. That was fun. The rose pincushion on a soft green background.......that was an experiment that turned out pretty good. The Heart and Vine Love pincushion....I could stitch those vines all day long, they are such fun.
Then, of course, the little blue square and a rectangular tiny pincushion stitched all in white embroidery floss in chain stitch...most of it one strand of floss. Tedious....but great fun.

There are more....yes...several more...that now live in other places. Silk ribbon, embroidery floss, a bit of fabric and some beads and the work of my two hands...I'm so glad I love to do this work! Today I am remembering these and as always, thinking I should be making more and more, rather than less and less. Time will tell, I suppose...as time seems to fly past more quickly each day.

Sure hope you enjoyed this viewing of them......one more time. Stay safe, warm and cozy, pat

PS. Next time, maybe I'll show you 'another view' of some hearts since FEBRUARY begins tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

Vivian said...

They are so cute. I really need to make me some pin cushions. I use those cherry looking ones from Wal-mart. Yours are much more fun.

Suztats said...

Lovely work! Thank you for showing them.

Jane S. said...

So pretty! I'm still loving the French heart pincushion that I won in one of your giveaways. I keep it next to my armchair so that I can reach out and squeeze it. :)

NickiLee said...

It's always fun to go back and look at items made in the past - one of the reasons I try to take pictures of everything I make as I usually give them away. Lucky for me I am in possession of one of your gorgeous blue pincushions. I have to admit it has never been stuck with a needle - kust waaaaay too pretty.

Eddie said...

Hi Pat! Just spent some time this evening catching up with your blog, it's always a treat! :)

Amy said...

I know I've said it before, but you are just such a talented lady! They are sooo beautiful!

Lynn B said...

Wow! Your embroidery and beading took my breath away, your creations are absolutely gorgeous!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.