Sunday, August 23, 2015

Finding Hearts


 If you have read this blog before, then you know I love hearts, the universal symbol of love.  I make them in various mediums and I look for them in my everyday life.  The last few years I am obsessed in my search for Heart-shaped rocks, among other things.  So, imagine, one day last week, when out for my morning walk, I just happened to find THIS heart.  Now, I've walked by this same place countless times, but never noticed the heart until that particular morning.  I don't know why.  It just caught my eye.  Perhaps the light?  (The top photo was taken on one day, the bottom two the next day.)  Now, I have been accused of seeing hearts 'that aren't really heart-shaped.'  The suggestion is I SEE them because I WANT to see them.  Well, so what?  I do want to see them and so I believe this "heart in the curb" really is one.  What do you think?























I probably will never take my morning walk again without stopping to admire this heart.  It's just the way I am.  Some tell me finding them is a 'sign' from the Universe....a message of some sort.  Could be.  I don't know.  All I can tell you is I'm open to receiving the message.....

From Bird Nest Cottage,

Until next time,
♥♥♥

PS.  Yes, I realize that a car could have recently hit that curb, thus creating this heart.  I get that.  But, I could also have never noticed it.  There's that.  And, please don't burst my bubble...I'm enjoying finding such things.♥

8 comments:

krayolakris said...

Definitely a heart! That's all that matters!

http://thankfullga447 said...

I need to look closer at things, you have a great eye.

Julie Fukuda said...

I hope it didn't hurt the car's tire. It is looking a bit broken-hearted.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's The Old Navy Man reminding you he is still at your side. I love this post and your open heart that is always open to the unexpected.
Much Love
Carol

Betsy Brock said...

You see beauty in the ordinary and I love that!

maggiegracecreates said...

i love this --- i too look for "accidental hearts" and get so excited when I notice one.

I just discovered your pretty place here and am excited to cruise the archives - have a great day.

teresa atkinson aka Maggiegracecreates

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Pat, so nice to meet you. I have stopped by from Jacqueline's lovely blog and her post with your amazing gift you stitched for her. It is gorgeous and your talents are incredible.
Love the heart you found curbside. Little gifts all around if only we take the time to see.
Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower.
Hugs, cm

Jaybird said...

Looks like a heart to me :^)
Have a great weekend, and blessings to you,
J

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.