Sunday, January 20, 2019

"Making" from the Heart and Hand


I thought I'd show you this little quilt....made several years ago and shown on this blog 'way back when.'  A part of this quilt serves as the banner on this blog also.  Someday, I'll change it, but for now...I'm still happy with it.   My son-in-law loved it so I gave it to him.  I was so pleased he wanted it.  All made by heart and hand.  It's about 20" square, if I remember correctly...


 Loved making the trees!



 Oh, I forgot...I did sew those leaves down with a straight machine stitch right down the middle of each one.  I knew it would take me forever to stitch each one down by hand....as would be my habit.


 I also loved the colors in the leaves...I should have saved some of the fabric used to make them. 
Just talking about the trees makes me want to make more....Oh.  My.

And, now, some quotes I chose this afternoon.  I find them everywhere and appreciate that others have said beautiful words that inspire and encourage me.  I hope to continue with my 'work' as long as possible.  Don't you?

"If you hear a voice within you say "You cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice   will be silenced."   

Vincent van Gogh

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."

 Thomas Merton

"One eye sees, the other feels."

 Paul Klee

"May you see in what you do the beauty of your soul."

John O'Donohue

"Instructions for living a life.
Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it."

Mary Oliver

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
♥️♥️♥️


6 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Such gorgeous autumnal colours!

Sheila said...

Gorgeous!! I just love the quilt!

sandi s said...

It’s beautiful, I love it! Hugs,

Patti said...

I agree that your wallhanging is beautiful. Love how you made the leaves and all of the colors. The stitching at the bottom of the trees is lovely. Thanks for sharing your work.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

All I can say is WOW! Such a wonderful piece of artwork, made with loving hands. Each stitich you made must tell a story of when you made it. The colors are gorgeous.. those tree leaves astound me.. that you made each one by hand.. and even though you used a machine to stitch them down, still such a work of love and patience! I so admire those of you who make the scenery/art quilts.... they are each one so stunning. I love the quote at the bottom of the quilt too. I am addicted to quotes! I love the ones you've put at the end of your post. I'll print them and save them for future use! Marilyn (Oregon)

Christy said...

Beautiful, Pat! I don't remember ever seeing this work. It's really an amazing hanging. You are a true talent.
Love ya. Take care.
botm2@yahoo.com

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.