Monday, February 25, 2008

Too much to Do...Too little Time

It's Monday. All day!! I always feel like I'm playing "catch-up" on Mondays. Today I am going to the hospital to see my 90 year old mother-in-law. She has pneumonia, but is doing much better. She will be returning to the nursing home in the next couple of days. While there I will take my latest applique/embroidery project for her to see. She always likes what I do, so I know I will get a really positive response from her. It's fun, because she gets excited about whatever it is and that makes me happy I did SOMETHING. Now, your friends, that's another story. You never know if they really like what you made...or they just don't want to hurt your feelings. Anyway, she will give me some positive vibes today and I'll give her some. Well, it may be a pretty nice Monday after all. Take care.

1 comment:

RosieRosie said...

I hope my mother-in-law one day sees my quilting and projects like your mother in law did, with full honest excitement. Currently, my mother-in-law sees my hobby, passion, interest...as a waste of time. I don't like her going into my quilt room, I feel very judged just by her facial expressions. I feel that she thinks it is a waste of time and money lost. I am 38 and she is 59. I hope one day she begins to get excited like your loved one did. My husband on the other hand, no matter what I make, no matter how little, he always seems to be genuinely excited. I should focus more on his thoughts shouldn't I? He does make my heart sparkle. I wish you well Mrs. Pat. I saw Brian Haggard's Blended Embroidery book at Joanns today and his book has led me to your blog somehow. I am going to read your entire blog, I'm in 2008 and in love with it. I am not a big book reader, but there is something so beautiful about reading someone's blog and how they used their time with all needle and thread crafts. Your work has inspired me.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.