Monday, September 5, 2011

Just a Peek






Wednesday I leave for my guild's quilt retreat. I will be teaching two classes. It's always great fun and sometimes quite exciting. This year I will be teaching a class on my Crazy Heart Pincushions. You've seen them on my blog before. And, I will also be teaching a quilting class called "Glorified Quilt Squares." It was inspired by a certain antique quilt made here in Arkansas. (I can't wait to tell you how I arrived at the name of this class.) There will be more about this quilt story in some future post.

For tonight, I thought I'd give you a 'peek' at parts of the quilt top. It is small...just 24" x 24" and not yet quilted...I'm thinking I need to add some more to it. This is the way I am....I can never really decide where the stopping place is...I just want to keep going. With that in mind, just know that these photos are just little peeks at the overall quilt. A tease.

The rest of tonight and all of tomorrow will be dedicated to finishing up my class kits, patterns, and so forth and packing up all the essentials and loading my car. That little PT Cruiser will be packed beyond belief. So, I knew if I wanted to post....it had to be now and it couldn't be long....hence, the peek. I hope you enjoy it and please....you have a good weekend too. I'll be back on Sunday, but probably won't be able to make a sentence until Tuesday or so!! (If you've been to one of these retreats before, you'll believe me when I say you are exhausted afterwards, but don't realize it until you arrive back at home!) Y'all take care......pat

7 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

such pretties...i LOVE your work

Julie Fukuda said...

No choice but to wait.
I am reminded that one of my reasons for always doing watercolor was that you have to stop when you reach the end or you end up with mud.

Unknown said...

Pat this is beautiful....wish I was going...have fun.

Sherry said...

I'm so happy that I'm taking your class!!!

Sherry in Little Rock

Ruby said...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Vivian said...

Oh, I really wished I could have been there with you guys this year. But school and a wedding are calling to me. Have fun. Be sure to take pics so you can share with us.

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Pat - how wonderful that you are teaching this retreat - I know it is going to be a huge success -

The pincushions are fabulous- love the whole idea- cant wait to hear all about it! Wish I lived closer~~

Vicki

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.