Sunday, January 9, 2022

A Valentine - An Early Start

 

 The Cardinal was Richard's favorite bird.  He loved to watch them feed on our patio. 
I found this little ceramic nest with two Cardinals perched there on the edge a long time ago
and decided the other day that it would make a great place to display an embroidered heart 
for Valentine's Day.  For "the old navy man."


 
 
I haven't made it yet, but thought I'd gather some "ingredients" together
and make him one.  Surely I can do that before it's actually Valentine's Day.
So, here we are....DMC embroidery floss, a bit of old aged lace,  the needles,
the thread (even it is aged!).
And, just for inspiration, I placed a needle book I make long ago....just the right colors. 

 
                            

 

And, a bundle of fabrics to choose from....although these may not be the ones I use.
 

 

Mother of Pearl buttons will line the nest.
There is my little embroidered heart Sampler.
I made those as a stitch guide several years ago. 


I'll let you see it beforehand, but it will probably be my post for Valentine's Day too.
I'll add some others to that post.

Here I am....looking forward.
It's all good.
♥️

Stay safe and warm and have a happy heart.
from
Bird Nest Cottage

 

3 comments:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh that will be a darling heart! I love making stuffed hearts with buttons and lace and some yo yo's. So glad to see you excited about making something! Got your email and will respond soon. I would love to have a pot full of little felt hearts.. I may do that, so they are ready to use! and I want to try my hand at hand stitching again.. it is very relaxing and I love the results. Hugs... Marilyn

Sheila said...

I love cardinals too, I'm sure it will be a beautiful heart, I always love to see your pictures.

TinaTx said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure it will be very special!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.