Monday, February 22, 2010

"Two Hundred Pretty Things for a 200th Post"






On February 23, 2008, I began this blog, not really knowing what I was doing. I still don't know enough, but here I am with 200 posts 'under my belt.' Who knew? I've been very busy lately and have wondered what to do for my 200th post, with no really great ideas forthcoming. I'm going to my quilt quild's AWOL (Arkansas Women on the Loose) Retreat this Friday, so my mind is working hard to figure out what all to take out there for three days of uninterrupted sewing bliss...well, except for the crazy laughter, general acting silly, fabric and embellishment sharing, etc. This has left me unable to concentrate on something worthy of a special post....so PRETTY sounded good to me.

I bought this white basket in the garden department at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago and thought it would look delicious filled with all kinds of fabrics, laces, trims, etc. There are many different items stuffed into this basket...all just screaming out for a crazy quilt! Or luscious embroidery...or beading! On the back of the basket, I clipped a rose pin....and to me, it looks gorgeous all by itself.

There is a flea market jewelry box filled with white and clear beads, buttons and trims.....I haven't counted all this, but surely it adds up to at least two hundred different pretty pieces.
Look at that pretty tin...it's filled with white and champagne colored pearls. There's some rhinestone pins, silk ribbons, dmc floss, and a little white embroidered bag. So pretty, all.

One of my favorite things of late, is a vintage 1897 calendar I purchased at the estate sale I told you about before the holidays. Every page is like the one pictured here....each month quite beautiful, but very fragile....isn't it gorgeous? All the pages had been tied at the top, but the ribbon has just fallen to pieces, so they are not attached to each other. Then, there is also two pages in the back of the jewelry box that came from some kind of little book..so sweet!

These treasures seem to say 'celebrate' to me....and make a lovely 200th post, don't you think?
I'm off to the retreat in a few days....so I probably won't post again until Tuesday of next week. Who knows, maybe I'll have something really neat to show you at that time, so take care out there and I'm looking forward to 200 more posts and visiting with you! I'll 'see' you soon. pat

16 comments:

Amy R said...

Congrats on your 200th post and have a wonderful time at the retreat! Can't wait to see the projects you work on~

Anonymous said...

What a perfect picture of goodies for a 200th Post!!!! You did a great job taking photo's of it all.

What a wonderful set of items that can make many many Crazy Quilts!!! I cant wait to see what you make with all your lovely things:)

Very pretty calender!!

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Julie Pishny said...

Happy 200th Posts - it's a worthy celebration...the euphemera is spectacular and the softness of the ribbons luscious... Have fun at your retreat! blessings - Julie

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Wonderful 200th post and have lots of fun at your retreat. Love your photos and how you store your supplies. All looks great.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

i do love your website, just found it and will be back. congrats on your 200th post, quite an accomplisment. please do throw my name in the hat for your give-away. thanks, molly [sewnmom7@yahoo.com]

Pat said...

Note to Molly: Sorry, Molly, I'm a generous person, but not that generous...this is not a giveaway. I will be having a giveaway this Spring....perhaps Easter and/or Mother's Day, so I hope you will return. take care, pat

Memaw's memories said...

Congrats on your 200th. I love the calendar in the first picture. All your pictures are stunning.

Whatever you are doing is great. Keep it up.

Sherry said...

Congratulations, Pat, on 200 posts filled with beauty, inspiration and instruction! I love all the creamy colors in your pictures. The rose looks so real; thank you so much for the yellow one you put on my birthday gift!

Sherry in Little Rock

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

Congratulations on the 200th Post and you know I look forward to many, many more. See you at AWOL

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Congrats on your 200th post. I just had my 100th. Time goes by fast, doesn't it? Have a great week. Love & blessings from NC!

The Old Parsonage said...

You go girl! 200 posts - woo whooo do the happy dance.

I love this post - so much vintagey goodness!

Leann

Sarah or Semmy said...

Congratulations on 200. A quick toast to the next 100, may they be as entertaining, full of information, pictures, and your very great artistic talent as the previous 200. This is one terrific Blog! Sarah

Maggie Ann said...

What a beautiful post...I love that calendar page...its 'perfection' yes...=) Blogging is very rewarding and a great way to journal a bit of our lives, isn't it.=)

Brenda said...

What a pretty post! I have a blog anniversary coming up this month. It will be a year and I still don't know a lot about what I am doing. But we have something in common, the green back gound you have looks the same as mine! Thanks for sharing such pretty things.

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats on your 200th post, Pat!!!
I'm looking forward to many more.
Love the way how you store your supplies.
Love and blessings,
Gaby

Twyla and Lindsey said...

When I saw these things it made my heart beat a whole lot faster! I LOVE these kinds of things! Congratulations on 200 posts. So happy I was able to find you this year and enjoy your beautiful handwork and blog. I hope there will be 200 more! Twyla

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.