Sunday, March 3, 2019

Birds with a Song


In 2012, I bought this frame at half price from a local store...it was damaged.  It stayed around the studio for a long while, then I decided to 'fix it up' which I did.  Once I had that done...well, what to put in the frame became the question.  Because I had fixed up that bird in the upper right corner, I decided to paint some birds to put inside the frame.  


Here's the frame before I began the project.  Really, I just mended a few bad places and highlighted the bird with a bit more paint....and the berries , etc.


I decided to paint my birds on a piece of canvas for the background.  One of the things I really love to do is to use pre-painted canvas as background for artwork......this is a piece of a canvas I used as a protective table cover when I painted in the downtown studio we used to have.  I feel stronger about it even today.  No use wasting all that good used canvas.


 So, it turned out to be a fun project.  I painted the tree, then the birds.  Actually, I made a rubber stamp for the birds....then painted over them.  I wanted it to be 'different' so I cut some leaves out of paper and machine stitched them onto the tree.  I thought it needed a really funky flower....made from more paper, added some painted musical notes and prepared it for framing.

 

 

  

 Then, I added some words, cut from old book pages, then washed with a tad of paint.


 Lastly, I just thought a bird's nest there in the corner might be a good idea.  It was such fun!  Not long after, I sold this piece.  Like so many things, I sometimes wish I still had it....but, isn't that why we have photos....to remember!  I hope you enjoy seeing it.

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️



4 comments:

Sherry said...

Love this! I know how much you appreciate "you-shoulds" from friends and other folks but you should paint more! I will if you will!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Absolutely lovely!

Jenny said...

Good Morning Pat....

You know you are truly a gifted artist! You have that very special eye not only for color but to see how things can be. This frame and painting are really lovely. What special touches you added...I especially love the leaves and the bird nest....🤗

Scott was very artistic! He loved to paint and draw and working and creating tings with wood brought him such joy. When you walk in my home you immediately see all of his creations whether it is the beautiful lighthouse paintings that he painted or the many wood projects that he created over the years or my much treasured sewing box that he made for me. Add to it my cross stitch samplers and quilts throughout our home and you have our “ nest”

What you do is very special! You add beauty and creativity to this world with your own special touch and I so appreciate it! Hugs my friend ❤️❤️

Cindy Davis said...

Pat,
I enjoy your creativity and cleverness. You are an inspiration!

Blessings,
Cindy, creator of diybohemian.com

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.