Thursday, December 31, 2020

Auld Lang Syne with Buttons and Birds

 
 We've been through a year, haven't we?
 
  
 

In some ways, it has been very long and in others, it just flew by.
All I'm going to say about it is this....
I'm not fond of having my life fly by.
I'm not that anxious to get to the end of it.
But, this year....2020, the one we have been tested by...it just can't be over fast enough for me. 


 
 
So, tonight I tried to make a little vignette.
A little something that some might think pretty.
 

  
                       Just to take us out of this year with the hope of a much better next year.

  

I'm beginning to hear the strains of 
Auld Lang Syne...
and I'm wishing you a much better
 
 2021
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 Wherever You Are Have a Warm and Happy Heart
from
Bird Nest Cottage
 
❤️❤️❤️
 


 

7 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

To the birds in the nest, and those on the ground, and maybe a few scattered among the buttons, I'm sending warm feathered wishes for a better year to come.

sandi s said...

Happy New Year! Your display is lovely! Hugs,

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Pat.. Happy New Year to you too! Love your little vignette of buttons and birds. I too love birds.. I have them in quite afew places in my house... and I love old buttons (and even new ones!). Your button jars are so pretty. I agree with you about not liking when times flies by.. it sure does as we get older and I hate that! When younger, it seemed like time would drag! Now it flies and that doesn't make me happy! Your wishes for 2021 are just what I hope too. Take care and have a good weekend! xoxoxo Marilyn

TinaTx said...

What a overly little vignette!
Happy New Year!

Jackie C said...

I’m always excited when I see “Bird Nest on the Ground” show up in my email because I know I’m in for a lovely treat. Thanks for starting my New Year off with a lovely vignette and a smile. Stay safe, stay well, and keep these wonderful emails coming. Hugs!!!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I wonder where you are Patricia!! Are you OK? I miss your wonderful posts and emails! Just checking in to see if you had posted and I had missed something. You are very missed! xoxoo Marilyn

Royal Expedite Network said...

Thanks for sharing this great article

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.