Monday, September 18, 2017

Over the Door Storage, #2


Some of you have emailed, asking for me to show ALL of the shoe organizers I have around the house, none of which, by the way, have shoes in them.  So, this morning, I took my camera around to photograph these things.  I won't spend much time on them, as you already know the story and get the drift.   This one is on the other side of the one you saw last.  You know, lace, etc.  This closet is right inside my bathroom door, on the left.  It is a large closet.  I will show you a peek.  And, this is actually the first shoe organizer I put up. 


 I have had my thread in drawers, boxes and thread racks...all of which make me nuts.  So, the day I thought of this...I thought maybe it would work better for me.  I do have to say, I love it.  However, it may not be for you.  I have sorted thread into colors and I can see it all fairly easily.  Then, it's all hidden away.  Like I said, it may not be for you, but I like it.  






 This is the inside of the closet.  I knew when I moved in here just what would go in this closet.  I'll show it in detail in some other post on some other day.


 This closet is also in my bathroom....back in the little room with the toilet.  Well, there should be something to look at in that little space, so there is this closet....vintage clothing, to begin with, but when you open it up....well, 

fabric!



 


 There are four closets in my bathroom.....yes, four.  Two, you just saw,  there is also one for my clothes, and one with a secret collection.  You will see that when I show you the great storage this house has. 
 For those of you who haven't read my blog that long....well, at my other house, I had a studio in the backyard which housed ALL my STUFF!  It was 500 square feet, with lots of shelving.  Wonderful space.  I miss it, of course, but thanks to the storage in this house, I have found a home for most of my stuff....and what I can't store...well, it's right in plain sight.  And, that's ok with me.


Now, this closet is in the garage.  And, it's one of my favorites.  Why?  Well, I call it the Tool Closet.
Here, you see more fabric is stored on the outside of the door....




 But when you open it....well, there is the vacuum cleaner, mops, brooms, etc.  (Another door, which houses the hot water heater), shelves for cleaning supplies, etc., and on the inside of the door....YES,
 TOOLS!


 I love it when I need the hammer, a screwdriver, wire cutters, or whatever, I just walk out in the garage, open the door and there they all are. 




 So convenient!


 A peek inside.

Now, what do you think?  Shoe organizers.  Well worth the $5, I do believe!
 Well, ok.  So, not many want all that stuff so 'out there.'  But, me, I'm fine with it.  I do love to pretty much know where everything is and be able to put my hands on something when I need it.  

(Of course, that only works on days when I remember where the storage things are!!!)

And, next time...something completely different! 
 Take care. ❤️

from 
Bird Nest Cottage
until next time
♥♥♥


2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, those pocket thingies look wonderful!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

you made great and creative use of the shoe pockets. I love them for shoes, but fear if I would store things in them as you have they would be FULL of dust. My house is SO dog dusty.
xx, Carol

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.