Monday, May 6, 2019

Seven Things


I got lost on the color pink today.  It's funny to me how one thing can catch your interest on any old day and you just have to go with the flow.  So, today it was pink.   So, I chose a few things to show on this post. 


 I loved these pink Satin Stitch flowers the very instant I saw this little embroidered dog.  It's a door stop.  It holds the door open in the room I call  "Deb's room."  That's my sister.  It's a TINY room, but it's hers when she visits.  The other tiny bedroom is called "Scott's room."  That's my son.  Neither of them are here often, but when they do get to visit...well, they certainly have their own rooms.  And, at Debbie's door, this dog keeps watch.   (Scott has a cast iron English cottage at his door and I have a cast iron pink rose.  Oh...why didn't I take a photo of that one...PINK!! Well, another time...)
 

 A ball of crochet thread....decorated.  A pincushion of sorts.  I've shown it to you before...but I still like the thing a whole lot, so in my mind, it never hurts to show something again.


 This one too.  You've seen it.  And, like the dog, I did not stitch it.  They both came from the flea market...but not at the same time.  I really like this cross-stitched square pincushion.  I like that it stands up really well too.


 This is a covered button.  It's a large one.  I stitched it long ago for a class I taught on French Knots....so it is stitched totally in that stitch.  Such fun to do.  I think it looks kind of like a hooked rug.  I found out not everyone wants to make French Knots.  Well, I'm quirky, so I enjoy them.


 I embroidered a narrow piece of fabric to fit around this wooden spool specifically to make a nest for this hummingbird.  It is a glass "hummer" and belonged to my friend, Sharon H.  After she passed away, I brought the broken bird home and did the stitching.  She was my dear friend and I miss her and I smile every time I look at this bird.


 In this photo, you can see the back of the button and the inside of a little porcelain "box."  Hand-painted by "Nancy."   So cute.


 It's about an inch and a quarter across.  Sweet.



 (I just liked this photo!)


A little closer view.


 And....more of a look at this little quilt.....it has been well loved over time...about half of the size of a crib quilt.  Just about worn out....but I loved it the minute I saw it.  I want to embroider flowers and words on pieces of this and other worn out quilts....harder for me to tackle these days....but I'm hoping to surprise myself and actually do it!!!


"painting and ornament, 
things which are known to all,
gathered,
forever cherished" 

 And, yes.  I did take some words and phrases from old book pages to make a "quote" for this post.  Love doing that!  Maybe it should be embroidered on a bit of this vintage quilt. 
You think?
(And, next time I use book pages, I'm not going to talk about it...you will just know.)

until next time
BE WELL
from
BIRD NEST COTTAGE
❤️❤️❤️
 



No comments:

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.