Monday, February 17, 2020

HEART MONTH, POST #3, Pincushions Needlecase and a Basket


Well, here I am with the third post concerning Hearts.
And, in this post, you will see why my favorite colors are green, red and pink.
My first grade teacher told me you should never put red and pink together.  I've spent a good bit of my life doing just that.
 So here are a few too many photos showing another of my total passions....pincushions!
I can't help myself!


 This little brass pincushion, was also in a post not long ago.  It's sweet. I hope you can see the little pink clear heart, the tiny brass one...it is made up of many TINY little hearts. Then the usual straight pins with a heart at the top.  I LOVE those things.  Not to mention that the bird is dear.  This was a gift from my friend, Jim, very long ago.

  

Here are the crazy quilted treasures I made also long ago.  You may be sick of seeing some of these little pieces as I've shown them so many times, but I never tire of them and will probably show them from time to time until I quit blogging.
 Here are the sizes:
The needlebook is approx. 5 1/4" x 7 1/2" opened flat and 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" closed
The tiny pincushion is 2 1/4" square
The larger pincushion is 4 1/4" square
and
the brass bird pincushion is 2 1/2" wide and 2 1/2" tall


 Again....so cute.  That little round clip holds a tiny portion of one of my business cards...its part of an embroidered tree.  I just thought adding it to the mix was FUN.


Here are the three crazy quilted sewing items.  They are on top of a very old length of fabric.
Of course, I loved the colors in it!


 Closer photos!


 The Needlebook.


So, are you noticing the tiny Satin Stitched Hearts? They are on each piece of the larger two and then there are some Back-stitched hearts on the needlebook and the tiniest square one.
They are all such fun to stitch.  There may be some showing up on the Heartprint Giveaways.  Time will tell.


The back of the crazy-quilted square pincushion.  I love the fabric I used here.


And, here you can see when I made these things!


The back of the Needlebook.  I really like that quote and had to add it to the back of the book.
LOVED making this.

That quote:

"Until the World be quite dissolved and past,
so long at least
the needles' art shall last."
 Unknown


 Inside. 
 Look at those top two needles.  They are so bent....after many hours of beading!


Here is the basket I used in the first photo with the sewn items.  I have a selection of wire baskets.  I'll post them sometime soon.  I just lately found this one.  The little hearts are so cute dangling there and well, it IS Heart Month, so I had to use it.


 Adorable!!!

So, there you are....more hearts...evidence of Heartprints I am quite sure.  I hope you enjoy seeing them. 

REMINDER:
February's Two Monthly Giveaways will be announced in a post on Saturday, February 29, 2020. 

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️ 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy everything you show and details of your thoughts in making it and your enjoyment daily of hearts, hold houses, trees,...please know you give heartprints with your blog posts each time you post one. Judy, TX

Kathy H said...

I really enjoyed seeing all your heart projects. It’s fun to see what others have for different holidays. Of course, I think hearts can be out for all seasons.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Our color tastes are so very similar! I've always loved pink and green, my entire life. For awhile in my 30's, I kind of went with pink and blue, different shades of blue and some rose pinks, of of course some greens. I love seeing the pops of red when used with pinks and greens too! I love your needle booklet and other patchwork things you made. I used to embroider but haven't for years. I love those touches.. love the heart basket and your darling brass bird pincushion. I can see why you cherish those things. Always so fun to see what you bring out to show us! Marilyn

TinaTx said...

I love all of it, but oh those crazy quilt items are awesome! I love small crazy quilt objects - a whole quilt can be a bit busy and they are usually so dark. I've never attempted any of it but who knows, there was a time I would have told you I would never make a quilt!
Love that heart shaped basket!

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It is in fact the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh an average of 19 kilos lighter than us.

(And by the way, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and EVERYTHING around "how" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

Click this link to uncover if this brief questionnaire can help you find out your real weight loss possibilities

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.