Monday, October 26, 2020

Another Day.....Another Door (#2)

 
So, can you see it?  There on the right of the fireplace.  Door #2.  When I moved into this house, I placed the door right there until I could figure out where to put it.  And, it's been there ever since.  I love that door.  And, it is surrounded with lots of previously loved interesting goodies.

 
There is that round table....and a chair.  They are there now, but sometimes other things take their place. I like moving things around...but, I don't do that as much these days as well, you know....I'm older now and sometimes energy escapes me.  They are there now and probably will be all winter the way things seem to be going.

 
Here is a wonderful and very special gift I received several years ago.  It was made by Dawn at The Feathered Nest.  It's lovely and smells good too.  Notice my last name is there.  Extra special.


 
I found this mailbox on one of my hunting and gathering outings.  Perfect color for that old door.  Sometimes I even put mail in it.  Christmas cards, all kinds on occasion.  It's fun.  I have a habit of placing old photos in sometimes crazy places.  Here, I have placed an old photo of these soldiers marching....my Dad right there in front...second on the right.  I wish I knew where it was though.  I spent ten years of my life "in the army with Dad."  That's what I used to call it back then.  If he were here now, he would be 111 years old.  And, I just turned 76.  Makes that a very old photo!


 
Also on the table is what I call my "crystal ball."  Just for fun.  And, there is picture frame on the table where I have placed a candlestick.  I love candlelight...and it looks quite cozy when one is lit here.


 
I found that "tree" in what I call "Two Pines Park" the empty lot behind my house.  It's eleven feet tall.

I dragged it into the house the first winter I lived here.  I'm sure everyone thought I was nuts.  I don't mind...and I love the tree.  So much so, that I have not been able to talk myself into getting rid of it.

If you look at that letter E, underneath that bottom corner, you can see a vintage glass bird ornament on the tree limb.  It's adorable!



 See....so cute.

 
Well, a close-up of that photo.  
 
 
These bells belonged to my mother-in-law.   They are tied to one of the door hinges.
There is also a key tied there too.  That key belonged to an old house in Little Rock, which was my son's first home when he moved out of our home.  Seems I have a huge habit of saving "stuff."
 
So, there you are.  Door #2.  One more to go.  It's really in a different place.  You'll see next week.
See you then!
 
Wherever You Are Today
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️ 




 

10 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a lovely tour I just had! Beautiful and precious things perfectly presented. A treat on a rainy morning here in Ontario, Canada. Thanks!

Jackie C said...

I love it when I see your posts show up in my email. I know I’m in for a visual treat. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely home with us.

sandi s said...

Hi, I just love seeing the different things you have! I love old doors, but I don’t own one yet. You have the most amazing possessions and I love it. I hope your doing well. I’m doing good here, still staying home a lot. It was good to see your post. Take care. Hugs,

Julie Fukuda said...

Fun to see those old doors being appreciated. In my house, doors take up space and get in the way. I had most of our doors hung so they could be slid inside the wall. The biggest trick was using a rubber door stopper crammed between doors when I didn't want the dog opening them.
That is a wonderful mailbox. Wish I could drop a virtual hug inside.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh I love door #2! Love how you sat it there many years ago and it's still there! Love the tree behind it too.. and the little glass bird.. it found it's home for sure! I always wanted a headboard for my bed made out of an old door.. sigh.. if only hubby was "handy".. or me for that matter. I'm just not when it comes to things like that. We're having a gorgeous week here in Oregon... hot days and cold nights... but I can't seem to get out of my own way even though I "should" be outside doing stuff to the yard.. clean up and all that. Maybe one of these days I'll feel like it.. or maybe I'll just let the snow come and cover it all up! (as if I would have a choice in that!).. Have a good week... Marilyn xoxoxo

TinaTx said...

What a cozy little corner! I have something saved from each home we have owned. (We are in #4) I wish I had saved a key from each but I turned them all over when we sold.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Interesting and cozy! I love doors also but don't collect them physically, just photos of them. That door looks very natural there where you can decorate around it.💖

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sean S said...

Great reading this

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالقصيم
شركة عزل خزانات بابها
شركة عزل اسطح بخميس مشيط
شركة عزل اسطح بالنعيرية

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.