Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January Sunset


I took this photo on January 11th. I happened to be walking from the house to the Nest, looked out across our two acres and saw this. Sunset was almost over.....but it was beautiful nonetheless. I ran and got my camera, hoping to get a photo. Sometimes these gorgeous happenings are over instantly, but I managed to get this shot. It shall be one of my favorites taken in my back yard.

Love the sunset....love the trees. For many years I have loved seeing trees in contrast to the sky. I'm known to say over and over that "trees are nature's version of lace." Can you see that? Well, if you can...thank you. If you can't...well look a little closer at the trees near you just about any time of day, but especially in the evening....see lace now? Enjoy your backyard sunsets whenever possible and take care. Pat

PS. I remember when I got my first pair of glasses as a small child. Up until that moment, I thought trees were made of one big green shape....I had no idea there were millions of tiny leaves on each tree. I've never gotten over that revelation!!

8 comments:

Gayle said...

From one tree lover to another, that's a great sunset.

One gal on a journey. said...

Thank you for sharing-- it's been a long week already and I needed something beautiful, calm, and calorie free to pick me up.

Unknown said...

What a very calm soothing photograph, just lovely. Have taken your advice and blogged some more. Thank you for your visit.
Rosie x

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

Beautiful picture and yes I see the lace.
It is so funny but when Iwas in the 7th grade I got my first pair of glasses and when I came out of the drs office that is exactly what I told my Daddy. He was so upset that he didn't know.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Lace, what a nice way of looking at it!

kellyvanhook said...

thanks for the pretty photo...as usual, I love your post!

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's so exciting when we can capture just a little of God's handiwork! BTW, I met a lady this week who loves embroidery as much as you. She's 89 and her blackwork was stunning! blessings, marlene

supplies overflowing! said...

beautiful photo! And yes, I can see the lace. Sometimes when I am outside walking, the colors of the trees surprise me- not only are those trees made up of many leaves, but each leaf is composed of many colors!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.