Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A Little Primitive Table, A Lot of "Stuff"


I'm going to tell you a story on Wednesday night, along with some photos.  In a way, it's kind of an adventure.  The kind you don't want to have.  But, for tonight...I'm just going to show you my latest acquisition....this little primitive table.  So cute.  This window is in my bedroom/studio.  My favorite time of day in this room...is when the morning light makes stitches, threads, and fabrics look the best.
Did I choose that light to take these photos in?  Well, no.  I simply forgot I wanted to do that and by the time I remembered...the light was gone. 
 And, now, these will have to do.



You've seen all this "stuff" before...well, most of it anyway.  
I enjoy making these little "collections."
 


 So hope you enjoy seeing them once again.

 

 Hearts.
There are always hearts here.
One of my favorite things....the Daisy Chain Beaded necklaces there on the left. 
They are so sweet!
The light blue one I've had for a very long time.
I paid ten cents for it.
LOVE!


I also love the tiny houses here.
One on the teacup and one on that little vase.
Inspiration for stitching for sure.



Love the black card of buttons.  OLD.
And, the little heart box.



Old button cards....all white.  
They are everywhere in my house.
And, I never tire of them.



The color of this thread....my very favorite these days.
"Just the color" of lots of old crochet and tatting.


"Stuff." 
I ordered more of these heart straight pins the other day.  
Hopefully to include on several projects.
 If I can just get my act together.


And, Oh My! 
I love these old hat pins in this vintage silver plate sugar bowl pincushion.



And, here we are.  
I find myself standing here looking at this collection sometimes several times in a day.
 By the way....Kathy and I could not decide if this 'curtain' is really for the bed or for the table.
We decided it could be for a window.
So of course, I like seeing the light come through the window in the mornings, making everything glow.
Even the embroidery on all that netting.  

Y'all take care out there.
See you late Wednesday.

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️


6 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, I'm waiting to see a picture of the light coming through... Nice thing to wake up to!

Louise Doney said...

All your things are just lovely Pat ,. Stay well ❤️Louise

Jackie C said...

I love all your stuff and the way you create these lovely vignettes. Thank you for sharing.

sandi s said...

I love seeing your things, I love all your hearts! Your curtain is absolutely beautiful. Hugs,

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh how I love your table and all of its treasures! I can see why you like to just stand there and look at everything! I do that too with my little collections and treasures. I have a "what not" shelf in my bedroom that I just love everything that is on it.... each little item brings back a memory. There are sometimes just certain things that make us feel good, and I can see why the lovely old things make you feel good. I feel that way about old lace, tiny cottages and old pieces of quilts (or entire old quilts!). The button cards are so fun.. just seeing the old cardboard that they are mounted on makes me feel very nostalgic for the "old days" of when my grandmother sewed. Have a wonderful week! Marilyn

Diana Dhevi said...

Thank you for being you.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.