Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Simple Little Houses and Some Trees


SIMPLE LITTLE HOUSES.

I wanted to talk about them tonight. 
I am a fool for them.
I mean, I LOVE them to the moon and back.
I dream about them at night.
So here's one simple house project I have made with my own two hands,
and
three houses which I purchased.


 I've shown this pincushion so often on this blog, I should probably be ashamed to do it again.  And, yet, here it is.  It's three inches square.  At least three people close to me have requested to receive it when I die.  In order to manage that...A.  I have to die and B. That's not happening yet, I hope. So, C.  Guess I'll have to make a couple more reasonable facsimiles.
 


Then, recently, I found this little hand-painted one.  It is two inches square and just adorable!
 The one on the right is about one of the tiniest prints I have ever seen.  It's adorable too.
The print is mounted on wood and has a tag on the back which says New View Gifts and Accessories.




Here, the one on the left is painted on a surface I can't identify and signed by a name I can't read. 
I also got it at the flea market.  
It is one and a half inches by four and a half inches. 

The landscape painting is an oil....signed A.M. and labeled Agnes M. Meyers Gift Shop
San Antonio, Texas.
I also bought it at the flea market quite a few years ago.  I knew it was Texas the very second I laid  eyes on it, because I am from Texas and I've seen many fields of Bluebonnets...
as they say - "back in the day."
This little painting is four by six inches.
And, dear.
By the way, I know these two paintings are not of Simple Little Houses,
but because they are also SMALL I chose to show them also.



 A close-up of the pincushion.


 A close-up of the tree.

  

 The Bluebonnets.


 The two tiny prints are so sweet.

 
  I couldn't resist them.
Simple Little Houses.
And there you have them.  
four of my favorites
 plus a tree and a Texas Landscape.

"ART IS LONG AND TIME IS FLEETING"
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

 until next time
BE WELL
from 
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️



 


3 comments:

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Precious little houses! I've always loved "cottages". I always said, even in my teens and 20's, that I wanted to live in a cozy little house, not a big house, and for the most part, I have. Something about a sweet little cottage, beckoning you inside. As I see these, it makes me want to take off to the beach and find a cute little white cottage to go nest in for awhile!

Julie Fukuda said...

Though I live in a tiny little house, it is not so pretty as these, nor is the setting so peaceful. Glad to have a look at your sweet ones.

Jaybird said...

A number of years ago when I moved out to the boondocks, my Mom gave me a little picture she found of a cabin in the woods. I admire it so often I am surprised my eyes have not worn it out!! I was also gifted a couple of original oils of cabins in the bluebonnets. They are so special to me!! I am thankful that you too like little houses and trees!
Blessings to you,
J

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.