Thursday, August 15, 2019

This May Be A First


Yes, this just may be a first.  I was sitting here at my desk thinking about what to post tonight...sometimes it's hard to think of something.  As I sat here....I realized I had a good post right in front of me.  Something I see every day and it's been good for me.   So, here are three things:

1. Something cute - that little Minion.  Perhaps you don't know, but at the Junk House, my friend Kathy and I are sometimes referred to as the Minions.  (Well, of course you don't know!) Yes, we are into all kinds of stuff around there. Sometimes we get in trouble.
I sometimes think of us also as Lucy and Ethel.  And, I sometimes refer to Kathy as Lola, which is an entirely different story. Anyway,  Kathy found two little Minions at an auction.  One for each of us....so every day, I get to laugh remembering something these two Minions have done at the store.  And we all know that laughing is a very good and therapeutic thing to do.

2.  Something beautiful - that rose.  Actually, that is a vintage postcard.  I love it and have had it around the house in different rooms, which change from time to time.  I recently put it in this frame, now on my desk.  It never hurts to have something beautiful to look at.

3.  Something meaningful - a quote from Maya Angelou.
I usually have my morning tea at my desk.  So, every morning, I read this quote...since it's right in front of me.  And, every morning, I take it to heart.
In this day and age...well, it seems important to me that we might all take this to heart.
After all, I think I want to feel better about things and I bet you do too. 

So, there you are.  Kind of a first....considering the three things.
 
until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️



3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, I love that darling owl. I have so many owls all over my house but that little guy is one of a kind. I think those words are a good way to start each day. Though it has been several years since Paul died, people are still coming to me and telling the difference he made in their life and the inspiration to what they are doing in serving others now. Yes, I think what one does, speaks a whole louder than words. We all need to walk the talk.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I love the quote. Excellent words to live by. I have a poem framed that my mom had, which I read now and then, and it's very grounding. It's by St. Francis and part of it is: "It is in the giving that we receive... It is in the pardoning that we are pardoned". I love those words. Taught them to my kids when they were young. I love quotes and they are taped up all over my craft room! I too have all 3 of those things in my craft room that you spoke of, including family photos that bring back such good memories.. and handmade items here and there that have been given to me by friends or family. I think our "craft rooms" are more than craft rooms. They are a place of quiet, deep thinking and a haven to be creative in. Hugs.. Marilyn

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, I am pleased!
What a lovely post and thanks for showing us that sweet room loaded with all the little treasures and loved things you have gathered round you. A perfect place for enjoying past times whilst watching/hearing a good mystery show.
Thank you!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.