Friday, August 9, 2019

A Little More Pink and a Bird


 My friend, Sherry, likes it when I show some of my favorite sewing "ingredients" on a plate or platter.
And, actually, I enjoy creating these little "collections."
So, tonight I took a look at this little plate, at the time holding a burning candle, and thought I might do this one just for Sherry.


There is an assortment of things on this little salad sized plate.  It's one of those odd things you buy because there is only one available...and it's just so darn pretty!
 There is a tiny 2 1/2 in square crocheted pincushion.  Above it is a magnetized butterfly which is a needle holder.  A sweet rose bud which is really a boutonniere.
At the top there is a resin basket applique that I bought many years ago to attach to a piece of furniture.  I never did.
There is a lovely blue bird handkerchief...so sweet.
A large covered button I made quite a while ago....lots of French Knots that I love to stitch.
There's some pink and ecru lace...and there, underneath the plate, some tiny doilies.
A sweet bejeweled butterfly pin and lastly.....
seven Mother-of-Pearl buttons in graduated sizes.
Surely at some point, I will find the perfect project on which to sew a complete line of buttons.

 

Some closeups.



 


  

 What would be your favorite of these things on a beautiful plate? 
Or, 
is your favorite thing the plate?

until next time
BE WELL
from
Bird Nest Cottage
❤️❤️❤️


4 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh, Pat! Thank you for thinking of me! I love everything you chose but, of course, you know what I like! If I had to choose, I always love pearl buttons and old lace. And, that butterfly pin is lovely! Hope you're enjoying this rainy day and planning the perfect project for those buttons!


Sherry in Little Rock

Julie Fukuda said...

The pearl buttons were the first to catch my eye. That is a pretty little plate to hold those goodies.

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I do love the plate, but think my favorite thing is the darling covered button! I like tiny miniature things.. and second is that lace with the little hearts.. and of course, LOVE all the pink! I was going to make some covered buttons with some of my shabby fabrics, but the kits to make them are just too spendy unfortunately. I think a person can make some with wood buttons and glue, so I may have to try that. Marilyn

Jaybird said...

I love the plate of course, but I think the bluebird would have to win out!
beautiful Ms. Patricia!!
Blessings,
J

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.